Re: PATCH: Cygwin: file mode support and ufs writecleanswap bugfix

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2001 21:39:37 +0800

On Fri, Jan 05, 2001, Robert Collins wrote:

> > Ok. The point I'm trying to make here is that squid should end up being
> > modular enough to plug in windows bits or unix bits without #ifdefs
> > splattered around (yes you'll need them to fix differences in
> > the implementation of some things, but not to implement completely
> > new features per-platform.)
> >

> > Adrian
>
> Sure - I agree completely. (As long as per platform doesn't mean unix vs windows :])

Well, it is a start :) but I'm actually more interested in supporting
optimisations that each unix flavour gives (the aio support in
solaris/linux/freebsd, reiserfs_raw and other disk-based directory
schemes, FreeBSD's kqueue, various forms of zero-copy sockets ..
these are the things that could help squid really perform well but
they are just too difficult to implement cleanly without the
massive changes I'm doing.

Adrian

--
Adrian Chadd			"Here's five for the cake, and
<adrian@creative.net.au>	  five to buy a clue."