Re: auth_rewrite

From: Robert Collins <robert.collins@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2001 11:38:45 +1100

----- Original Message -----
From: "Henrik Nordstrom" <hno@hem.passagen.se>
To: "Robert Collins" <robert.collins@itdomain.com.au>
Cc: <squid-dev@squid-cache.org>
Sent: Friday, January 05, 2001 9:18 AM
Subject: Re: auth_rewrite

How does http://squid.sourceforge.net/auth_rewrite look.

> Yes, modular authentication is something Squid needs. We need to have
> support for Basic, NTLM, Digest, and more will come (MS Kerberos is
> probably first in line..).

I really want kerberos to see if it will go seamless... however the only kerberos doco I've found so far (when I asked on the list I
got a very good response, with one problem) is for TLS not straight http. It may be a reverse engineering task - which I don't
really have time for at the moment.

> My vote: Once you have finished up the documentation, auth_rewrite gets
> merged.

Cool.

> My second vote: At the same time NTLM gets merged, unless you find that
> there is a showstopper in that code.

It's not been stress tested yet - we're still getting reports of (mostly cosmetic) issues from the early adopters. Personally the
patch for NTLM to auth_rewrite is so small I see little reason to merge it until it sees a bit more beta testing. Not that I object
to it going in :-]).