Re: squid-2.4 release ?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2001 15:13:16 +0100

Duane Wessels wrote:

> On Tue, 9 Jan 2001, Adrian Chadd wrote:
>
> > Right. So, how about fixing up changing sdirno from an int
> > to a short or a int8_t, and then roll a squid-2.4-pre1
> > for people to try?
>
> Changing sdirno alone won't be sufficient. We'll have to make
> sfileno 24 bits as well. I think this will work:

Done, and a couple of asserts added to detect overflows.

The sizes currently selected are 25/7. This because the fields are
signed to allow for -1, and only 23 significant bits for the object
number is too little.

Current limits:
   files/cache_dir: 2^24 = 16777216
   cache_dirs : 2^6-1 = 63

If someone takes the pain to remove the dependencies on -1 and make the
fields unsigned then these can be doubled, but for now the above should
be sufficient.

/Henrik