Re: diskd

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2001 02:02:17 +0100

diskd should not go into /usr/bin. It is an internal program not
intended to be run outside Squid. Most distributions I have seen puts
such things in /usr/libexec/squid/, /usr/lib/squid/ or a similar
location out of the normal bin directories.

While we are talking about binary names. "client" SHOULD be renamed. It
is meant to be called by the user (i.e. /usr/bin or sbin when integrated
into the system tree), and as such it should have a name telling what it
is. "client" to what?

Suggestion: squid-client or squid_client

/Henrik