RE: diskd

From: Chemolli Francesco (USI) <ChemolliF@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2001 09:16:15 +0100

> On Tue, 9 Jan 2001, David Robb wrote:
>
> > Hi... apologies if you're not the most appropriate person for this..
> >
> > I've just been building some deb packages for squid
> 2.4-dev4, and noticed
> > that I ended up with a conflict of /usr/bin/diskd (I've set
> SQUID_PREFIX
> > to /usr, to be consistent with other deb stuff). the
> fdutils package these
> > days also seems to have a program called "diskd".
> >
> > I don't know if this'll cause a problem, but I just thought
> I'd mention it
> > to someone before it becomes such.
>
> Thoughts? Rename the file to 'squid-diskd'?

Maybe yes, but I'd rather do something else: change the default location.

diskd (and all the other helpers) are not really meant to be run
interactively.
My take is, let's not change the name. Change the placement.

The Linux FHS would use $(prefix)/libexec/<filename>
As an alternative, I'd suggest $(prefix)/lib/squid/<filename>

--
	/kinkie