Re: cvs commit: squid/src authenticate.c

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 00:53:01 +0100

Robert Collins wrote:

> Just thought I'd drop an excuse and an apology in:
>
> The reason there's a lot of #if 0 code in the auth_rewrite work
> is a request from a page on squid-dev (that I can't find now!) That
> page requested contibutors to "do not delete code, comment it out
> instead" - so I did.

Well.. we do have version control to keep track of things for us. No
need to do that in the sources. And with wounderful tools like cvsweb
this is easier than ever before (shameless plug)

Only reason to keep old code around in the sources is if it is expected
that this code can be useful in the future, however, with the
development model used here such code is better kept in a development
branch while development is ongoing, and keep the main code clean.

/Henrik