commloops and modio development

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2001 21:18:32 +0800

Ok, I said that I wasn't going to be able to help out over thee
last few days but as usual things weren't as accurate as I thought.

In any case I'm now at a point with modio and commloops where I need
some help. I've killed all the deferred reads in the commloops
code, and I've hit a problem with my store server callback idea.
The problem is that if a client exits and the server is waiting
for a 'kick' from the client to read more data, the server fd can
sit there with no read/write handlers.

This obviously sucks, and a better way of limiting incoming server
data on the fly without "throwing away" IO events would be nice.

So, I'd like to prompt some discussion on this. No, I don't mind
rewriting a large chunk of code to make any suggestion work,
considering I'm reimplementing the storage manager right now. :)

Optimally I'd like the solution to not require large amounts of
incoming buffering from the network server side. This may be a
tall order, but I would like to kill the use of the stmem routines
to buffer network IO (and use them to buffer "auto generated"
data by squid..)

I'd really appreciate some help on this so I can move forward.

Thanks!

Adrian

--
Adrian Chadd			"Sex Change: a simple job of outside
<adrian@creative.net.au>	  to inside plumbing."