Re: commloops and modio development

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2001 02:21:09 +0100

Multiple clients is a nice feature, but has a quite low hit ratio
compared to complexity it brings (out of which only about 80% is
correcly handled today.. there are for example memory issues when the
clients run at different speeds, and the problem that we cannot stop
caching large objects since there might be disk clients attached)

The ability to reattach to a download is nice and can probably be kept
without too much increase in code complexity, but storage of partial
objects should bring about the same benefits in most cases, more so by
time as more and more servers supports ranges.

/Henrik