2.4.STABLE

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2001 04:55:59 +0100

Duane.

Before 2.4.STABLE1 is relased, can we PLEASE have a PRE-release for 2
weeks to allow testers to try it out and find those stupid things, run
polygraph and all that..

PRE-release == a release tarball, announced on squid-users as a
pre-release of the upcoming 2.4.STABLE release, asking testers to try it
out.

Every time we have made a STABLE1 release there has been quite stupid
bugs which more or less immediately required patching. I do NOT want to
see this happen with the 2.4 release.

And I am making good progress in reducing the size of the store index by
bringing all the structures together to avoid pointer and malloc
overhead. For preleminary status, see
http://squid.sourceforge.net/projects.html#compactsentry. But as I said
earlier I am aiming at 2.4.STABLE2 with those changes as they mess
around with many parts of the code..

/Henrik