storemanager

From: Robert Collins <robert.collins@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2001 17:56:57 +1100

Adrian,
    does the modio code you're doing include putting the http headers into metadata, rather than just part of the data stream sent
to storeAppend? We must decode them something like three times during a typical MISS. (Once in http.c, once in client_side.c and
(i'm guessing once in store.c)

I'm finding myself shuffling/copying code between client_side.c and http.c do deal with the headers in a origin reply being sent
thru to storeAppend as part of the data stream (I have to remove the Transfer-encoding header).

So if I could just
1 decode the headers
2 delheaderbyid (header, HDR_TRANSFER_ENCODING);
3 remove Transfer-encoding from the conneciton header
4 storeSetHeaders(header)
5 storeAppend(buf+headerlength)

it'd be much cleaner..

I'm happy to tackle the knock on changes this will incur in client_side if you are willing to change the store manager ?

Rob