Re: Inline content modification?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2001 21:15:08 +0100

Joe Cooper wrote:

> Assuming it is possible, can I use the ACL interface to generate the
> match lists, or do I need to come up with a method to handle the match
> string and the replacement string? It would be nice to have a named ACL
> for the match strings, and it seems reasonable that this would work. So
> can I run /anything/, including whole html pages, through a regex or
> string matching ACL? Anyone have pointers for how to tackle this one?

You need to parse the HTML and only run the links thru a ACL list. But
you are probably better of by defining some new kind of rewrite list
using regex pattern and substitution pairs with back references, much
like what you do in sed/perl. ACL's cannot rewrite data, only return
"true/false".

/Henrik