Re: Inline content modification?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 23:06:08 +0100

Robert Collins wrote:

> Yes I agree - any changes made coming into squid _have_ to be
> changes that are wanted for all clients, for all operations. And
> support has to be thought out for keeping the original metadata
> so that IMS requests upstream don't miss if things like
> content-length change.

You also have to consider Range requests, ETag, and other funny twists.
If you have a unclean object path in a mesh of systems where objects
sometimes may get rewritten, sometimes not, or sometimes more than once,
then you have a very messy situation which will be quite unhelthy for
the contents, and a nighmare to find the cause.

/Henrik