Re: metadata question.

From: Robert Collins <robert.collins@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2001 21:42:34 +1100

Ok. The connection can still be persistent when transfer-encoding is present, so I'm not too worried from that angle. What does
concern me is range requests on hits.

However, it is a MUST NOT requirement that we can't send a 206 (partial content) unless we know the full entity length - thus my
question.

clientBuildReplyHeader parses the headers from the stored entity, which had no content-length because it was received transfer
encoded. (I'm testing with two squids in series).

So I can modify clientBuildReplyHeader to set rep->content_length via a store function, or perhaps the store should set it when we
get the storeEntry?

And the question of persistence on that information still stands :-]

Rob