RE: metadata question.

From: Robert Collins <robert.collins@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2001 09:06:09 +1100

Ok.

> How to manage it in the store is a tricker issue, given that you only
> know the length when the whole object has been retreived. But if the
> object is stored in canonical form then it should be quite easy (file
> size - headers).

Well, the http code handling reading from the upstream socket calculates
this (now) on the fly. I'm hesitant to use file size - headers, because
that _will_ conflict with partial range storage down the track. I was
thinking that adding it to the swap.state metadata would be a workaround
- but how much ram overhead will that entail - (I wasn't planning to
tackle updatable store object metadata just yet :-])...

Rob