RE: metadata question.

From: Robert Collins <robert.collins@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2001 09:53:15 +1100

Yes the goal is to have it stored on disk in some form, not in memory.

This may be another case of not enough sleep combined with reading rfc's

when we start caching range responses, we will have a content-range
(?from mem) header, and MAY have a content length header. However if we
receive transfer-encoded range responses (quite likely - say pdf files),
we will have a content-range header but no content-length header.
Regarding handling them : that was my point - why put in place code that
will be obsolete or broken in the near future?

Rob