cf.data.pre solution needed

From: Robert Collins <robert.collins@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 09:35:24 +1100

Having done two 'plugin squid.conf' options - auth_param and filter_*, I see an issue cropping up:

the cf.data.pre file becomes less and less useful: the modules have hardcoded parsing options rather than automagically generated
entries in cf_parser.c. That's fine - for dynamically registering modules we have to have that. BUT the squid.conf autogenerated
user doco runs the risk of rapidly going out of date.

I am wondering whether having a cf.data.pre in each module directory that gets included (and only has DOC and NOCOMMENT sections) is
a good solution,

or perhaps an extended squid --help option where each module known to squid (compiled in || registered in the current squid.conf)
gets a 'spit out doco' function called.

Any thoughts?

Rob