Re: Feedback about the content processing framework

From: Robert Collins <robert.collins@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 20:44:40 +1100

Nearly forgot a point...

----- Original Message -----
From: "Robert Collins" <robert.collins@itdomain.com.au>
To: "Moez Mahfoudh" <moez.mahfoudh@imag.fr>; "Squid Dev" <squid-dev@squid-cache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, January 31, 2001 8:39 PM
Subject: Re: Feedback about the content processing framework

> At the moment, the API rule is that the first buffer will always be the headers, with no body.
> There is a flag FILTER_EOF which matches your CP_LAST_CHUNK.

Currently:
A filter MUST NOT call the next filter with buf=NULL, len=0 except when it has reached EOF.
A filter MUST call the next filter with buf=NULL len=0 when it has reached EOF (ie after flushing it's buffers).

When I've gotten the code consistently using FILTER_EOF, this will become
A filter SHOULD NOT call the next filter with buf=NULL, len=0 except when it has reached EOF
A filter MUST call the next filter with flags |=FILTER_EOF when it has reached EOF (and this MAY be done with buf != NULL)

Rob