Re: cache_dir config

From: Andres Kroonmaa <andre@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2001 22:03:44 +0200

On 2 Feb 2001, at 3:43, Adrian Chadd <adrian@creative.net.au> wrote:

> > say:
> > cache_dir ufs /var/cache1 100 16 256
> > cache_dir fifofs /var/cache2 100 16 256
> >
> > cache_dir_conf /var/cache1 maxfile: -1 minfile: -1
> > cache_dir_conf /var/cache2 maxfile: 16K minfile: 512 acl: some_regex ..
> >
> > this would also allow us more possibilities in the future.
> > for eg. for some FS'es L1/L2 setup don't have any meaning
>
> Perhaps. But I think the -1 change is going to be a lot simpler than
> requiring everyone to add a cache_dir_conf line later on.

 typical user will never need to tune that "-1" from default. Why force
 them to change config file for upgrade, and back if downgrade?
 Also, if we need maxfilesize, then probably in very near future we'd want
 minfilesize as well. Also, we might want to specify replacement policy
 per FS, diskload limits, ACL's, etc. we'd need to add such option
 anyway, then why brake existing one now?

> Perhaps stuff like this requires a nested parser? :-)

 not sure what you mean, but don't we have a parser for options
 already (cache_peer [options] )?

 Andres Kroonmaa <andre@online.ee>
 Delfi Online
 Tel: 6501 731, Fax: 6501 708