RE: interesting note

From: Robert Collins <robert.collins@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2001 10:53:41 +1100

I should have caught that... Thanks.

My understanding is that the browser should be able to detect aborted
transfers in every case with http/1.1 - if the length is known
(content-length header), a dropped connection at the wrong point will
signal that, other wise chunked encoding should be used, and that also
allows detection of early termination.

The only 'hole' is the allowance for dynamic content to be non-chunked
and the connection dropped as the terminator - as per http/1.0

So in a nutshell we can ignore that article :] - should we let them
know?

Rob