Re: ssl branch compile problems

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2001 20:39:27 +0100

How to create a self-signed certificate:

openssl req -new -nodes -x509 -out filename.pem -keyout filename.pem

Make sure that the "CN/Common Name" is set to your official server name.

Or reuse the certificate you have for your Apache server. A SSL
certificate is for a certain host/domainname, not a specific service on
that host.

I will look into cleaning up the accelerator options. Noticed some
inconsistencies in how the SSL patch handled Host headers and port
numbers and protocol names..

--
Henrik Nordstrom