[Fwd: Squid patch]

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 08:50:19 +0100

(forwarded to squid-dev)

Something for you people working on the ACL processing I think.

/Henrik

attached mail follows:

Hi Henrik,

On and off for the past couple of weeks I have been developing a patch for
squid to allowed ACL lookups via a MySQL database (farily simple). It
seems to be working quite nicely.

For me, this is quite useful with my ACL lists constantly
changing. Others may find it useful too. I was going to put a post up on
squid-users so that others could try it out, although i do intend to leave
it for a while 'til its more fully tested.

I was wondering if there are any issues (license related?) that i should
know before allowing others to use my patch?

I wrote a related document at
http://www-users.york.ac.uk/~mfn100/squid_mysql.html
and you can download the patch at
http://www-users.york.ac.uk/~mfn100/mysql_acl.patch.gz

if you've got MySQL on your machine you might be interested in taking a
look.

Anyway, all the best

--
matthew naylor