Re: [SQU] Looks like a newbie problem:

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2001 00:47:30 +0100

Henk-Jan Kloosterman wrote:

> Sorry to be sucj a pain but...
> My squid does nor respond if I run t with the NC option!
>
> squid -NC from the command line works, but if I try something... No go.
> (squid -D is allright)

Then add -D to the mix.

I use the following in my lab:

gdb squid
run -DNYCd3

-D to disable initial DNS lookups. My "lab" is not internet connected
-N to don't fork of the daemon. Required for proper gdb operation
-C to don't catch fatal signals but leave those to the debugger to deal
with. This makes any stack traces much cleaner.
-d3 to get some interesting debugging output on the screen (same things
as sent to cache.log).
-Y of old habit only.. (does not actually matter)

Hmm.. I think the following might also be required before the run
command:

handle SIGPIPE nostop noprint pass

or else the debugger might falsely stop Squid when a client aborts a
connection...

/Henrik