Re: further to store & message flow discussion

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2001 22:48:03 +0100

Robert Collins wrote:

> From what I can see they write to a store entry via storeAppend. This buffers arbitrary sizes in memory. The creation and reads are
> async.

Yes, sort of. But it does not need to be that way. If you look at the
big sources (the object listings and such) you will se that it is done
incrementally today.

The change of data flow will have effects on the cachemgr functions as
well. Those will know (by being called) when the requestor can accept
more data.

The only buffering REQUIRED by the cachemgr functions is the amount
which cannot easily be broken up in incremental steps.

/Henrik