Re: handling ranges in squid-modio

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 23:16:04 +0100

Adrian Chadd wrote:

> The store is going to know what to return to the client. The store
> implements the vary support. Henrik and I outlined that different
> features of HTTP/1.1 are going to be supported with varying profiles
> (speed, savings, etc) and so its better left up to the store to choose
> something cute.
>
> So, single metadata section, multiple "bodies". Right. Uhm, I'll
> keep that in mind and come back to you when I get to that stage. :)

Reminder regarding ETag / Vary:

The ETag support reuires one name, multiple instances with different
ETags.

The indexing layers involved:

Request headers, mapped to ETag identities

ETag identities mapped to entities

entities have entity headers and data.

The data part might consists of one or more fragments (partial objects
store / ranges)

For a non-varying objects the first two index layers is not needed. one
name, one entity.

/Henrik