Re: cvs commit: squid/src comm.c

From: Duane Wessels <wessels@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2001 14:58:50 -0700 (MST)

On Sat, 24 Feb 2001, Robert Collins wrote:

> I actually found that assertion useful in developing the filter code:
> I called CommWriteMembuf twice within a single function call. I would
> have mucked things up royally without that assertion there to show me
> the error of my ways.

If it is an error to call CommWriteMembuf() twice, then we should
add a warning, or change the "if (state != NULL)" block to an
assertion I guess.

As written, the assertion was pointless because there are
two pointers pointing to the same memory. One pointer got
reset correctly, but the 'state' pointer did not.