Re: 2.5-NTLM snapshot or fork?

From: Robert Collins <robert.collins@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 20:46:14 +1100

----- Original Message -----
From: "Chemolli Francesco (USI)" <ChemolliF@GruppoCredit.it>
To: "'Robert Collins'" <robert.collins@itdomain.com.au>; "Squid-Dev
(E-mail)" <squid-dev@squid-cache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, February 27, 2001 8:42 PM
Subject: RE: 2.5-NTLM snapshot or fork?

> > I'd suggest that once we've got the stuff we're working on stable in
> > auth_rewrite, we tag it there. If you expect to do concurrent
> > development on that then maybe make it a branch instead of a tag.
> >
> > Personally I think just tagging it will be sufficient.
>
> It would work only if we stoppend syncing auth_rewrite with HEAD...
>
> --
> /kinkie

It really depends on your goals:
a) You don't want changes from HEAD. ipso facto you don't want any
changes made to the source - so a tag will give you a fixed reference
you can refer to.

b) If you don't want changes from HEAD, but do want to do bug fixes to
the current code then a branch will do. We simply don't merge to that
branch. Ever.
It could hang off auth_rewrite or HEAD, hanging it off auth_rewrite
seems appropriate given that it's only NTLM that differentiates it from
a late freeze of squid 2.4.

We can still sync auth_rewrite in both scenarios without impacting on
your goal(s)

Rob