Re: 2.5-NTLM snapshot or fork?

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 06:26:12 +0800

On Tue, Feb 27, 2001, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
> Adrian Chadd wrote:
>
> > Kinkie, what are you afraid of? The stuff that Henrik and I are
> > working on wont' even appear in 2.5. 2.5 was slated to be another
> > "feature++" release. I wouldn't mind it being called 2.4.1 or something,
> > but quite a lot of low-level stuff (eg cbdata) has changed between
> > 2.4->2.5 to justify the version bump.
>
> More importantly: squid.conf format has changed.

Yup.

> > So, don't worry about the 2.5 branch code becoming unstable.
> > I'm personally not looking to break squid-HEAD until 2.5 heads out
> > the door.
>
> The code I am working on now is 3.0 stuff I think..

Right. So we can break the directory format for modio? :-)

> > On that track, what are the final issues with 2.4 ? I can't put my
> > finger on the poll issue, since I'm just not a linux person.
> > Anything else?
>
> There are several seg-faults reported on squid-users.. and a build
> problem on IRIX it seems..

I'll play with this a little more over the next couple of days.
I'll squish any irix compile problems I'll see in squid-2.4 and
squid-head.

Adrian

--
Adrian Chadd		"The fact you can download a 100 megabyte file
<adrian@creative.net.au>  from half way around the world should be viewed