Re: native win32 aufs

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2001 18:05:12 +0800

On Thu, Mar 15, 2001, Robert Collins wrote:
> I've got a native win32 aufs working.
>
> Adrian - you're mainly to blame for aufs?

Nope, its Stewart Forester and Henrik.

> Here's your just desserts: Thank you!
>
> The native win32 one is trivially different - different calls for all
> the pthread_cond_* and so on. It would be very easy for me to make a
> single aufs with some #defined code to build on unix as pthreads and
> cygwin as win32 threads.
>
> I'm planning if/when time arises to extend the cygwin pthreads interface
> to make this obsolete... so here's my question:
>
> Is it better to make a new fs module e.g. awin32 and then when cygwin is
> extended obsolete that module, or to extend aufs with #defined code and
> then remove that code later?

Hrm. See, I'm willing to bet that you're using the same basic
stuff in store_dir_foo and store_io_foo that exists in
the aufs versions. If so, I think its time to tidy up this
code a little and have a "unified" ufs directory type
with different IO types.

What do the rest of y'all think?

Adrian

--
Adrian Chadd		"The fact you can download a 100 megabyte file
<adrian@creative.net.au>  from half way around the world should be viewed