Re: ip_wccp.c for WCCP v2 question

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2001 07:52:06 +0100

I am not yet familar with how Linux skb processing, but:

One thing I notice is that you do not verify the size of the GRE packets
before trying to grab the encapsulated one, so if the router sends you a
bad WCCP packet (no encapsulated packet) then oops a negative packet
size... Bbad WCCP packets has been seen from certain IOS versions in
certain path configurations.

and why is the module cleanup code removed?

/Henrik