Re: CVS question

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2001 23:43:00 +0200

Andres Kroonmaa wrote:

> not yet deleted extra tags. But I miss Z-cpuProfiling_merge-new_HEAD.
> How do I recreate it? by "cvs merge HEAD"?

Just ignore it. The _merge-new_ tags are scratch tags and will be
recreated automatically next time you run cvsmerge.

> cvsmergeinit did some tagging on all files in workdir. Did this cvs
> update wipe out those changes?

Nope, tags you have to clean up yourself by deleting the no longer
needed tracking tags.

Tagging is always done in the CVS repository. The workingdir is only
used to tell what/where the repository is.

/Henrik