Re: map Squids SNMP into the system agent (and/or SMUX support) ?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 18:53:03 +0200

Have Squid register with the system SNMP agent, making the system
provide a unified SNMP tree including Squid. SMUX is one approach for
doing this, but there are other more special ones for other special
agents (the other approaches are non-standard and usually involves
making a special shared object which is linked into the main SNMP
agent). Some agents also provides SNMP proxy functionality with manual
configuration (i.e. using configuration files rather than SMUX or a
similar registration method)

Implementing SMUX registration in Squid is what we need help with as I
said earlier. No one has taken up the challange yet, so it haven't been
done yet.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid Hacker