Re: CVS Indenting

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 18:36:32 +0200

Andres Kroonmaa wrote:

> > Running indent with the listed options
> > (|-br -ce -i4 -ci4 -l80 -nlp -npcs -npsl -d0 -sc -di0 -psl|)
> > actually ended up making modifications to the indenting of nearly all
> > files...
> > so these changes to HEAD are hand-indented.
>
> This puzzles me too. Why require specific indenting on CVS if HEAD itself
> is not following the rules?

Now I am puzzled.. everything in HEAD IS indented with GNU indent 1.9.1
using the above options. There is even a commit filter denying commit in
src if it isn't.

It is important that the exact same version of indent is used. Any other
version produces different results.

Attached is the small script I use to indent sources before commit to
HEAD, and the corresponding indent 1.9.1 Linux binary.

/Henrik

#!/bin/sh
exec oindent -br -ce -i4 -ci4 -l80 -nlp -npcs -npsl -d0 -sc -di0 -psl "$@"