Re: NTLM and proxying

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2001 08:47:21 +0200

Robert Collins wrote:

> On a similar as we know authentication collides with transparent mode
> should we strip all authentication when running in transparent mode? Or
> send a explanation page?

What?

Squid SHOULD NOT intercept the WWW authentication when running
transparent. It should be proxied. WWW authentication must be explicitly
enabled if wanted. Squid should only listen for Proxy authentication.

NTLM WWW authentication still needs to be removed as it is still a
proxy.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid Hacker