Re: accelerated download proposal

From: Alex Rousskov <rousskov@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2001 08:24:24 -0600 (MDT)

On Fri, 13 Apr 2001, Joseph Nicholas Yarbrough wrote:

> I don't see any problems that would be made by putting this
> functionality into squid except perhaps using desktop software and
> the proxy at the same time. I plan on spending some time this
> weekend learning the architecture of the devel version.
>
> I am very open to suggestions, questions, flames, etc.

If your service provider has any brains, they will soon discover your
tactic and change the enforcement procedures to continue to screw you.
Thus, in this case, you will be just wasting your time implementing
acceleration in Squid.

If your service provider is incapable of the above, you might want to
think twice about using them in the first place. One needs brains to
manage the network.

My $0.02 advice would be to talk to your provider and convince them to
change their policy rather than trying to defeat it. If this does not
work, try to find a better provider.

Alex.