Re: Squid 2.5 CygWin and NT development

From: Guido Serassio <serassio@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2001 14:13:22 +0200

Hi Robert,

Il 14.03 16/04/2001 Robert Collins ha scritto:
> [...]

OK, I try to use compile-time option for NT only functionality.

About Windows XP, the power of Microsoft marketing is very strong ....

> > >lastly I'm not sure what you mean by native windows NT basic
> > >authentication. If you mean the module you sent me a beta of before,
> > >which talks to the LSA when given basic credentials, if you have that
> > >ready to roll the best place to add it is as a new basic helper - it
> > >should be able to go straight into HEAD unless there are issues with
>the
> > >code. Drop me a tarball if you like.
> >
> > Yes, is that module.
> > I have found some problems on Squid 2.3 on the handling of the
> > domain\username Microsoft syntax. Now I will to make another some
>testing.
>
>There should be no issues - Kinkie is running NTLM on several thousand
>users with multiple domains, and there are no problems related to the
>domain\username. The access log and all the username compare and string
>splitting functions support domaun\username syntax. Their is one
>possible hole: the sending of the username password to the basic
>authenticator - if you see a bug there, either patch it (see
>src/auth/auth_basic.c) and mail me a patch, or just tell me and I'll
>generate a fix. (Again - this sort of bug-fix should go nearly direct
>into HEAD, or for auth stuff potentially into auth_rewrite and then
>HEAD).

OK, now I'm running CVS dovnloading the cygwin branch.

Bye

Guido

-
Serassio Guido
Via Albenga, 11/4 10134 - Torino - ITALY
Tel. : +39.011.610749
E-mail: serassio@interfree.it
            serassio@libero.it
WWW: http://serassio.interfree.it