Re: cvsmkbranch

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2001 09:41:13 +0200

Why the directory name gets mangled is mostly history from very early
versions of the script I used at home.

Why the tag gets mangled is because there are CVS rules on which
characters are allowable to be used in tags.

I think this all started as I was importing branches like
squid-1.2.beta8 and wanted to have both the branch and working directory
named with sane names..

I see no reason to why it still needs to mangle the working directory
name, just use the branch name exacly as specified. Fix it the way you
want to have it and commit it to "website" (but please, DO NOT remove
the tag mangling as this is needed for proper CVS operation)