Re: Time for new Squid 2.4 release?

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 16:39:07 +0800

On Sat, Apr 21, 2001, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
> Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
> >
> > Adrian Chadd wrote:
> >
> > > I've held off keeping the patches uptodate because of the decision
> > > a while back to use bugzillafor the 2.4 patches. The easiest way
> > > to fix this is to createa new bug for the 2.4 patch, put
> > > in the bug description "see parent bug xxx" (I think bugzilla lets you
> > > do this to "chain bug dependencies" ..), submit a patch in there,
> > > and then make sure when you click "Bugzilla entries for 2.4"
> > > on the 2.4 page it pops up.
> >
> > The bugzilla entry and attached patch is for 2.4. The patch has been
> > applied to HEAD.
> >
> > I'll commit it to 2.4, together with the new LDAP code then.
>
> Done. But as I said earlier I don't have permissions to update the
> official patch page or any other part of the web for that matters (only
> duane has write permissions) so the patch is only mentioned in bugzilla.
> (#137)
>
> The improved LDAP code has also been committed to 2.4.

I just caught up and noticed this. Nifty.

> But the list of open 2.4 bugs in bugzilla is fairly long. Before a
> 2.4.STABLE2 is rolled some of these should be closed I think.. (several
> are false bugs or misunderstandings, but still...)

How about we attack the list of open issues for 2.4 and get a stable2 out?
I don't think I can get COSS in a working state for 2.4 right now,
so I'll run off and mark it broken.

ADrian

--
Adrian Chadd			"Two hundred and thirty-three thousand
<adrian@creative.net.au>	  times the speed of light.