Re: newhttp branch

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2001 20:00:45 +0800

> objects. Header parsing is about 80% done - waiting on the (storemanager
> to handle headers outside of the data stream) || (the broker interface).
>
> So I guess I'm really saying that between us, if you can add the
> appropriate logic to modio, or to content_processing if I move
> rbcollins.filters to content processing (where it should be) and then
> merge modio down there as well; the only significant code mangling
> needed should be in the store* interfaces. - do you want to collaborate
> on this bit?

Ah. See, the reason I'm doing the newhttp stuff is to write a set
of http routines that don't rely on the current behaviour in the
storage manager and network IO code.

I mean, personally, we shouldn't _need_ that much code to implement
a basic HTTP proxy, assuming I can recycle the Http*.c routines.

So, how about this:

* I work on bringing the http client/server code into using the
  broker interface so it implements a HTTP/1.1 proxy, with the
  headers seperate from the body (this implies the "broker")

* once this is working we look to bring in the modules framework.

* once the modules framework is in place we look at turning our
  codebase into a cache once again.

I'll go and look at the branch diffs now.

Adrian