MySQL authentication backend

From: Sterling Hughes <sterling@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2001 13:07:44 -0400 (EDT)

Hi all,
        I've created a MySQL authentication backend for the squid proxy
server. Attached is the code for this backend, just de-compress it and
place the MYSQL folder in

src/auth/basic/helpers/

and then, before running configure, set your LDFLAGS and INCLUDE properly
(bash commands listed):

[sterling@localhost squid]$ export LDFLAGS=-L/location/to/mysql/libs
[sterling@localhost squid]$ export INCLUDE=-I/location/to/mysql/include

Then run configure setting --enable-auth-basic-helpers like so:

[sterling@localhost squid]$ ./configure --enable-auth-basic-helpers=MYSQL

Then run make and it should work like any of the authentication backends
(take a look at the source for documentation on arguments and defaults).

        If you want to include this code with squid that's fine with me.
Its under the same license as the LDAP backend which is the GPL (I copied
and replaced the author information, everything else is the same). You
can also place it under any open source license you'd like. ;)))

-Sterling