Re: Question about xrename function

From: Guido Serassio <serassio@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2001 18:14:27 +0200

Hi Alex,

Il 15.30 30/04/2001 Alex Rousskov ha scritto:
>On Mon, 30 Apr 2001, Guido Serassio wrote:
>
> > In file debug.c, at line 208, I read this:
> >
> > /*
> > * NOTE: we cannot use xrename here without having it in a
> > * separate file -- tools.c has too many dependencies to be
> > * used everywhere debug.c is used.
> > */
> > rename(from, to);
> >
> > Why ?
>
>I am probably the person who wrote that comment. If you use xrename in
>debug.c then you have to link all programs that use debug.c with
>tools.c where xrename is defined. IIRC, the latter presented a problem
>because tools.c depended on too many things; those things would have
>to be imported in every program that uses debug.c.
>
>All or some of the above may no longer be true though, and/or I may be
>misremembering. Try replacing "rename" in debug.c with "xrename", see
>what happens, and submit a better comment text afterwards. :)
>
>Alex.

I tried, no problems, no compile errors, rotate works fine.
So I removed the comment in the source and replaced rename with xrename.

Guido

-
Serassio Guido
Via Albenga, 11/4 10134 - Torino - ITALY
Tel. : +39.011.610749
E-mail: serassio@interfree.it
            serassio@libero.it
WWW: http://serassio.interfree.it