Re: Question about xrename function

From: Alex Rousskov <rousskov@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2001 13:00:39 -0600 (MDT)

On Mon, 30 Apr 2001, Guido Serassio wrote:

> OK, put it in a separate file.
>
> And what about put xrename in debug.c ? I checked Makefile, and
> tools.o seems to be referenced only from main squid executable, so
> this must work. I understand that this is a non elegant solution.

Yes, it should work simply because xrename() uses debug.c, rename(2),
and nothing else. I put xrename in tools.c just because it belongs
there as a "generally useful tool/function".

I do not know what the "right thing to do" is. I can only offer
alternatives. Let's hope that somebody from the Squid core team will
tell you how to proceed.

Alex.