Re: Chunked mempools, a first verdict

From: Alex Rousskov <rousskov@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 3 May 2001 11:59:15 -0600 (MDT)

On Thu, 3 May 2001, Andres Kroonmaa wrote:

> > If the interface is so complex that it requires N elements, either
> > implement all N elements or simplify the interface.
>
> Simplify how?

By decreasing N (i.e., supporting less features), of course. It is a
trade-off, but writing "switch" functions is not a solution. Note that
nowhere I said that we should simplify the interface, I just outlined
the alternatives.

I give up though. If the quality of the design is not important, there
is no need for this discussion.

Alex.