Re: Chunked mempools, a first verdict

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 03 May 2001 19:52:40 +0200

Alex Rousskov wrote:

> I assert that we are after reducing the number of API elements (to a
> necessary minimum), not function names! If f1() is different from
> f2(), do not call both of them f(int i) just to please Henrik :-)

I don't argue against this as I in fact have the same opinion.

This discussion started because I noticed the MemPool API had exploded
with many things quite internal and very specific for the
implementation. In such a situation looking thru the code and try to
make things more isolated/layered is the proper thing to do. Then when
it has been reduced to the minimum a couple of API points probably needs
to be introduced to get the full intended functionality or to clean up
to heavily overloaded functions (the memPoolClean is an example of such
function overloading)