RE: Chunked mempools, a second verdict

From: Chemolli Francesco (USI) <ChemolliF@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 6 May 2001 11:56:08 +0200

This way the cleanup interval can be made adaptive:
while doing memPoolClean(), gather stats about the catual
cleanup done, and adjust mem_stat_counter raising itor
loweriung it using some heuristics on the cleanup stats.
something like: if the actual cleaned-up pools are
less than x%, raise mem_stat_counter by ((target-x)/pct)% (and obviously
the opposite applies). By tuning target you can balance between
CPU spent on cleanup and memory wasted on unused pools. By
varying pct you define how responsive the algorithm is
(better having it somewhat slow, i.e somewhere like 5 or 10)

--
	/kinkie