Re: Some CygWin/Windows fixes

From: Robert Collins <robert.collins@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 7 May 2001 08:06:38 +1000

----- Original Message -----
From: "Guido Serassio" <serassio@libero.it>
To: <squid-dev@squid-cache.org>
Sent: Monday, May 07, 2001 5:27 AM
Subject: Some CygWin/Windows fixes

> Hi,
>
> I committed a chunk of CygWin/Windows related minor fixes and
enhancements.

> There are 4 different types of changes:
>
> 1) Substitution of #if defined(_SQUID_CYGWIN_) with #if
> defined(_SQUID_MSWIN_) || defined(_SQUID_CYGWIN_) in files:
> acl.c, cache_cf.c, cache_diff.c, cf_gen.c, client.c, dns_internal.c,
> debug.c, mime.c, squid.h, tools.c, store_dir_aufs.c, store_dir_ufs.c
>
> 2) Some little #if defined(_SQUID_MSWIN_) sections for better MS
compilers
> support in files:
> debug.c, squid.h, tools.c
>
> 3) A more squid compliant GetOSVersion function in files:
> win32.c, defines.h, globals.h
>
> 4) A WIN32_exit hook on tools.c file
>
> Plus, I have found a compile conflicts between windows.h and
> snmp-internal.h on HEAD with --enable-snmp.
> In CygWin branch I found a Rob's patch to snmp-internal.h that already
> fixes this conflict.
>
> So, I think that is a good idea merge all these changes on HEAD.

I'll pull out the changes that are stable from the cygwin branch
tonight. IMO the snmp changes, the GetOSVersion are immediate
candidates.
As far as the #defines go, I want to go through and get a feel for how
many are cygwin+windows, and if alternate paths that are reasonable for
unix do exist.

I'll do this all tonight - ~ 12 hours .

Rob

> Guido