Basic/NT: Case sensitivity of the passwords.

From: Eric Dumas <dumas@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 8 May 2001 18:46:01 -0700

Hello.

I am currently looking at the Basic/NT authentication system of Squid,
and I found out that whatever password entered, it will be considered
as case-insensitive by the PDC when sent in clear.

Does any body knows how to change this behavior as it could be a
potential issue? According to the last samba code I looked at, the
behavior should be exactly the same (so, passwords are
case-insensitives), even if the password is crypted (using
SMBEncrypt).

        Thank you.

--
                 Eric Dumas (dumas@Linux.EU.Org, dumas@freenix.org)