Re: Basic/NT: Case sensitivity of the passwords.

From: Eric Dumas <dumas@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 9 May 2001 07:47:01 -0700

According to Chemolli Francesco (USI):
> All helpers based on the SMB_Authen library have this behaviour, and
> this includes the multi-domain-ntlm basic helper.
> About the squid NTLM functionalities, it was more or less a forced
> behaviour,
> as Win9X/ME clients only supply that, while NT/2k clients supply both.

I understant. In fact, I would be interest to know what need to be
done to make sure that NT/2k clients authentication passwords could be
recognize as case sensitive (in the SMB layer, I have not seen a
specific flag. I've looked at the last samba package and it looks like
the smblib has the same behavior).

--
                 Eric Dumas (dumas@Linux.EU.Org, dumas@freenix.org)
                          http://www.freenix.org/~dumas/