Re: [squid-users] squid.conf: continuation lines?

From: Robert Collins <robert.collins@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 12 May 2001 21:47:32 +1000

----- Original Message -----
From: "Henrik Nordstrom" <hno@hem.passagen.se>
To: "Robert Collins" <robert.collins@itdomain.com.au>
Cc: <squid-dev@squid-cache.org>
Sent: Saturday, May 12, 2001 5:58 PM
Subject: Re: [squid-users] squid.conf: continuation lines?

> Robert Collins wrote:
>
> > I've got the statement
> > include /usr/local/squid/etc/squidmodules.conf
> > in my squid.conf here. It includes the contents of
> > /usr/local/squid/etc/squidmodules.conf
>
> Fine.
>
> > I've also got a parser type that allows escaped strings like
> > %0A%0A%0A<html>
> > to be used, and thats needed to get non-printable characters.
>
> Technically fine, but probably almost noone will understand how to use
> it.
>
> > If you want a quote surrounded parser type, ie quoted_wordlist that
> > treats the contents of a "..." pair as a single wordlist item I can
do
> > that very easily too.
>
> Would be nice. It is needed at many places
>
> auth program
> cache_peer options
> and various other locations where one parameter might need to contain
> spaces in a more intuitive manner.

I'll create a parser type for that then. IMO the existing acl file
inclusion method is quite useful - because the contents of the file
don't need the acl foo bar prefix for each line. This makes script
generated files easier. So I'd like to keep that method around. If
someone wants to suggest a more intuitive syntax for triggering it (ie
acl foo bar source = /path/to/file) or whatever, that's ok by me too,
and I'll endeavour to implement that.

Rob