Re: [squid-users] squid.conf: continuation lines?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 13 May 2001 03:33:57 +0200

Alex Rousskov wrote:

> I suspect that Henrik did not have auto-detection in mind but rather
> was talking about [optionally] re-loading #included files when Squid
> is asked to be reconfigured.

Actually I am thinking about automatic detection of changes in
configuration data such as the definition of an included ACL list.

At this stage I consider automatic reload generic configuration
directives a bad thing. For such things a explicit action is required.

Should probably be optional, but it is quite important in environments
where ACL lists is changing a lot. reconfigure is a very heavy and quite
dangerous operation.