New squid_ldap_auth: binddn with spaces

From: Frank Schmirler <frank.schmirler@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 18:14:56 +0200

I did a little bit of testing with the new squid_ldap_auth module.
Everything worked fine so far. Definitly a big advance compared to the
old version!

Just one thing I stumbled over: What do you do if the binddn contains
space characters (like cn=Squid Cache,cn=...). I tried to quote it
and tried a backslash-escape it. Both works fine on the command line
but squid obviously doesn't know about these escapes when parsing the
authenticator_program params. Are there any other escapes?

I also tried to replace the space character by %20 but this also didn't
work. This might be a way to bypass the problem with the
authenticator_program params.

Frank

--
Frank Schmirler                           frank.schmirler@linogate.com
linogate - Internet Technologies          Tel.:    (08 21) 25 96 - 360